carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atropine View Post
But it does...because a lot of people do not realize this.

One of the things special about the Corvette is its ability to give you 600+ HP and still be under factory warranty and have longevity.

Sadly, a lot of people here play Forza and Gran Turismo and dominated with the R34 Skyline...therefore they think the R34 Skyline is the best car ever...or the Suzuki Pikes Peak car.

A 900HP Skyline does not run forever...it will be constantly breaking shit.

A 900 HP Supra will not run forever...you will be rebuilding things.

A 600 HP BRZ will not run forever either. While its working...it is AMAZING.

Sadly, there are guys who buy a Twin...and then use their Credit Card for an Innovate S/C and then have Toni from FA20Club tune their car...and then it blows up.

They are left with a car that won't budge and that has a voided warranty...and 20k sitting on a Credit Card.

Threads like this influence these 'Young'uns into doing FI, without really really know what they are getting into.

I love tuner cars and modded cars.

I don't even like thinking about the money I spent buy XXXXX Car and modding it...and then selling it for a good bit less than what I paid for it (and what I spent modding it)

I started my addiction when I was in my early 20s and I didn't really have the money to be doing that.

Now that I am more established and stable...I accept its a money pit that leads to great stories and fun times...but its an expensive hobby.

Sometimes, people read these build threads and do not truly realize what goes into all of this. Its not Legos. What works on one car, may not work on another.

And it is surprisingly easy to destroy an engine/car/chassis if you don't know WTF you are doing.
this is why i have a pile of parts in a storage container, waiting for the stock parts to break ahahah

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote