View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
akuhei

Drives: Raven M/T FR-S
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Tripped View Post
Just purchased a new firestorm FR-S, should be ready by the end of the week, and I'm super pumped. Here's my question for some of the owners that are in there 30's and up. Has it ever crossed your mind that you feel to old to drive this type of car? I should be all the wiser to know that this car is not practical living in MN, but I do have a winter beater. Now I just turned 39 years old a few days ago. I don't have kids, my GF and I own a house, and I've been at working for the same company for 20 years. I think I have my crap together for the most part. I've always loved sports cars, I just sold my 86 Porsche 944 turbo a couple years ago and I loved it till the maint. expenses were getting to costly. Now before I ordered the FR-S I was at a crossroad, do I get back into sports cars or a boring sedan? Logic and practicality says to me, go sedan. More passengers, MPG's, safety ratings etc. etc. etc…. I'm going with my passion and love for driving sports cars! I guess my attitude is I only live once, so get or do what you want…..responsibly or within your means. Please excuse the ramble, but I was just curious if there was any other owners out there that had these thoughts cross there mind prior to there purchase. I'm sure once I roll off the lot I won't think twice about it. Thanks for your time!
Safety ratings so far have been really good. I drive an MT and get 27-28 mpg (was averaging over 30 before I did my Visconti tune). And if you dont have any kids, no need for lots of passengers. I say..have fun with it. One final note, I've heard that the 86 is marketed more towards the over-40 market in Japan, as they are the ones who can afford to own/drive one.

so...

Akuhei's Blog
"Inconceivable"
akuhei is offline   Reply With Quote