View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 02:48 PM   #20
Mykii
Noodleking

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My wife's is doing this. Her's is a 2018 model BRZ and everything basically describes her symptoms. I had an alignment done, which was helpful, but still didn't get rid of the sudden jerk left at anything above 30mph while turning left. Higher speeds are hella scary. Seems like when there is a bump too, the car wants to jump left.

From what i can tell, everything looks normal up front (but then again, I'm no suspension guru). The craziest part is that one of the bolts that was holding the knuckle to the shock was gone (so replaced that and took a test drive, and nothing changed, except a clunk is now gone hahaahha). So yeah, kinda scary crap.

Any other thoughts on what bushing or where to check certain things? I feel like it totally happens when the car's weight shifts to that corner on a left turn-- then it dives.
2013 Firestorm FR-S, Kraftwerks C38 kit, FT-86 UEL Catted Headers, TRD D-Tip cat-back, Vibrant 1140 Resonator, Exedy Stage 1 Normal/smoother clutch that replaced the Stage 2 3-puck clutch, Exedy Lightweight flywheel, DSS carbon fiber driveshaft, TEIN springs on performance package Sachs dampers, Megan Racing Inner tie rods, 17x8 +35 Enkei Silver RPF1's, OS-Giken 1.5-way diff, J-Luth steering wheel and now a GKTech angle kit-- which rubs.
Mykii is offline   Reply With Quote