Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speaking of which, my new results.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391000338.091314.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  292.1 KB

I really enjoy how this system makes power. There isn't instantaneous throw a rod through the block torque. The boost builds smoothly and consistently to the redline, which will preserve the motor. After running at these levels, I dialed the boost back from 8.8psi to 7.8-8.

2 flaws with this system:

1) MAF Placement

The MAF flange is directly after a bend. There isn't a problem with WOT but during partial throttle cruising, with a 3" charge pipe, air may not move through the MAF but instead around it and could lead to some skewed fuel trims. It'll take time to get the MAF scaling right and trims dialed in properly with this design.

I'm working with Toni to implement a running design change for the MAF flange to be placed on a straight section and not immediately after a bend.

2) Secondary O2 Placement

Toni has already implemented a change for this issue but it was rolled out after I got my system in August.

If the secondary O2 sensor needs to be changed, it's location will require a lot of work to do so. The sensor's harness is a few MMs from the bottom of the engine block. To change it you'll have to unbolt the downpipe from the over pipe, loosen the v-band for the header to the secondary pipe and v-band for the downpipe to the turbo. It won't be fun or quick.

The newer kits, especially those with the hi-flow cat, will have their sensor lower on the downpipe so nothing obstructs access to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecko04 For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (01-29-2014), jamesm (01-29-2014)