View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
Funny, they did the same to my wife's corolla. We had them fix it and didn't have any issues after that.
What other sort of compensation are you expecting? I personally don't think you're entitled to anything other than them fixing what they messed up.
If you don't feel they're capable of fixing it then see if they'll pay for a third party appraisal and fix.
I'm pretty sure they go to a third party for painting anyway.
I wasn't really expecting any other compensation other than them fixing it, but I've never dealt with a situation like this and so I was looking for advice on whether or not I should be seeking any.

I met with their assistant service manager today, and he was very helpful. They're going to repaint it next week although I did find a scratch they left on my door as well. I guess that sort of thing is just going to happen if you're getting your car serviced at a dealership.

I don't think scratching the bumper is inevitable if you're careful. I'm anal about where I park, and paying attention whenever I park my car. Like I said I avoid forward parking against a curb, and I'm aware of the dimensions of my vehicle. That being said, I'm glad they're fixing it, and now that I know that is how they park the cars after service I'll make sure to ask them to be careful whenever I have my car serviced at a dealership.

Last edited by Ammunition; 01-21-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote