Old 08-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #7
Silver Supra
Hombre

Drives: 1994 Supra Turbo
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terruko View Post
So I took my car to the dealership because of a bad synchros, and I got a call the next day from them telling me that the transmission is in fact bad (Gears grinding, getting stuck from 5th to 6th) and today I got another call and they told me that Toyota will send someone to look at the transmission before replacing it to see what's wrong, and if there's nothing wrong I'd have to pay $275. So what are the chances the warranty will be denied? I bought this car used I think the previous owner abused the hell out of it, can they just blame it on me and refuse to replace the transmission? I've had this car for only 9k miles 😒
Well, the warranty stays with the car, regardless of owner. It does not cover everything that goes wrong and will not cover things caused by abuse - regardless of who abused it.
I think if they tear into the transmission and find abuse, you will pay $275 for their services and have to pay to fix it somewhere.
Sometimes it's like the FRAM oil filter commercial - "pay me now or pay me later." In other words, a good inspection before purchase might have detected the problem.