Thread: Another V8 Swap
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #1211
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Started working on the A/C after an oil change last night. Messed up and double ordered a set of fitting yesterday because I forgot I had already ordered them, and they wouldn't let me cancel the order. So on top of having to send them back, I also had to order the correct fittings. The fittings I did buy weren't actually for my compressor.

I also found that the factory condenser is the same size and fits better than the aftermarket one I bought. Also allows me to use factory fittings, which is good because I was going to need to have custom fittings made. On to pictures

Using Factory hardline up the passenger frame rail. Going to have to extend the wiring, best done when engine is out getting rebuilt Going to get a hose end welded on. All of the lines will get some kind of heat protection around the manifolds.

Using the FRS Compressor fitting on the compressor as well. Fits a lot better than the universal kit parts. It also seals correctly. Will need modified slightly with a new hose end welded on shorter, same for the condenser side of the #8 line.

Not a ton of room, especially out back.

Probably going to end up having extra fitting welded on so the hose isn't so kinked. I need to do a little filing on the back of the head to make sure it doesn't puncture the line.

Oh and on the oil change. Just as much metal as last time, only 550 miles on this oil. Have a sample to send to blackstone to see what they say. I am betting its cylinder walls and I am screwed. Maybe I get lucky and it's just the rings?