Old 02-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #190
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach3794 View Post
Little update...after a long day of drinks and car stuff...the kit is installed! Couple of mishaps, first of which was that not all the hoses for the transmission cooler were provided, and that the crankcase breather extension hose was missing entirely as well. Perhaps the biggest fail was the absence of the MAP sensor that was supposed to be included. Nevertheless, I got everything I needed in quick time (it uses a honda accord map sensor), loaded up the Delicious Tuning basemap, and took her for a spin. With all aids on, in a straight line, she will gladly break loose if pushed. Very fun to drive, and we will see what further tuning next Saturday brings!

-Zach
Just put on my kit today.

I think I got your map sensor, I did not get extra hose though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit_peid View Post
Of the S/C kits out there I'm most intrigued by the Kraftwerks kit, but this write-up gave me the impression that KW does not care enough to get simple things right (ie complete part list). If simple QA like this is missed, makes me question about quality of everything else. Seems unacceptable for a $5k kit.

My kit had everything, my only real complaint is that the oil loop instructions could have been better.

That and finishing up. Opening the ecutek Box and finding a piece of paper that says email during business hours for basemap is a bit of a downer.

Other than that the most trouble I had was with the bumper. Which is no fault of kW.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote