ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86me View Post
Haha sorry about that ! Well let's see , the airbag light is on most likely because it's not getting signal so there is some kind of error it's seeing. Double check the driver side and make sure you got it right. Have you sat in either or and tried the seatbelt as well? I know trying to push on the cushion of the sensor won't cause it to sense like someone is sitting there.

I've had a airbag light go off before but I had my steering wheel resistor give me issues and it went away after fixing it , but for seats , I would go through it again and double check your drivers seat. As for the sensor , did it rip or anything of that sort ? Your situation one seems like there may be an issue with the drivers side. Passenger should be off when no one is sitting in it. It'll say airbag on when a passenger sits on the chair. Play musical chairs and see what happens with different combinations of belt in and off etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've tried both passenger sitting & without passenger not sitting. Both come out to be same (same result as situation 1 & 2) occupancy sensor itself didn't rip. Just the foam it's glued to have several rips, but no where near the sensor.

Hm... you think, it's a driver side issue? currently it's too dark to work on my car, but I'll def work on it again tomorrow and report back.