soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ.604 View Post
Sorry for the late respond. Here is the first part of video. Any question or requesting of the tutorial please ask.

just a forewarning, those are not cree led chips, they are more commonly known as epistar, which is an entirely different brand. and unfortunately, they are not as reliable or as bright as cree chips at the same drive current.

also, you appear to be running them without a constant current driver? high power led's like that are subject to thermal runaway, and must have a constant current driver to keep that in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
That tutorial was great. Excited for part 2. You in Vancouver BC or WA? What was the new silver board you attached to the original reverse circuit board? Where do you buy those LEDS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Frogs View Post
Of course, you could also patent your design/ideas and get a lock on the market; however, I do not know how Canada patent laws work. I know the US Patent Office gives you up to one year to field your idea once preliminary patent application is filed while "blocking" others from infringing on your design.
reverse lights are not worth patenting, as there's very little market for it once you use high end components. i'm on my 3rd reverse light build, my 2nd build cost approximately $700 in parts.