Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #13
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpomp View Post
That sounds just like my system does. I've always thought it sounded louder than it should considering people say rotrex's should be "silent", but its always been that way. I have replaced my supercharger, as my first one actually got WAY louder, to the point it couldn't be run with the hood open without causing ear pain. But the new replacement unit (And the first one) both have a similar level of whine as yours when operating. First unit lasted 2 years until I sent it off, new one has been on since June, always with that sound.
Just my experience. If someone comes and says that what the video shows is wrong, then guess I have had an issue for 2.5 years *shrug*. Seems to be working fine for me though. Good luck!

Also, move/secure that hose next to your right most pulley, problem waiting to happen!
Rotrexes are indeed quiet. It's that belt system that is whining.

Here's a video with a Jackson Racing supercharger, which uses an identical Rotrex unit. Note that you hear the engine like a stock car, and don't hear the SC or belt whine at all. This is how a supercharger system should be.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r7EgQGxA4g[/ame]
CSG Mike is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
Wpomp (10-24-2018)