Old 02-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #41
BigTuna

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru View Post
Wow, I knew this would happen.

This very well maybe our last Subaru after 8. This could have been done 4 years ago if Subaru was not afraid to give themselves the bad press of everyone knowing their newest highly used powerplants has a fatal flaw based upon cost cutting.

BOoo.

Can someone clarify something for me? I was under the impression at least in my state the car would have special coverage on engine warranty after this recall is done. Am I confused?

Is there any possibility of a class action against subaru for not recalling this once they knew about it and also apparently not having a proper applicable fix? They should be buying our cars back at this point as nobody in the right mind is going to want to buy a used 2013.
Subaru did issue a recall when they found out about it. It's not like VW who knew they were cheating, then tried to cover it up.

Unrelated: I find it interesting that haven't seen and BRZ owners posting any issues after taking the car in for the recall, only FRSs. Could it be just an issue of Toyota dealership techs not being used to working on boxer engines, thus misapplying sealant or making other errors on things specific to them?