wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benschneider06 View Post
Could someone tell me the difference between:

17X9 ROTA TITAN - SPORTS BRONZE (5X100/E42/73)

and

17X9 ROTA TITAN - SPORTS BRONZE (5X114.3/E35/73)

Not understanding what the numbers at the end mean (wheel noob)
5x100 is what we need.
5x114.3 puts the lug holes too far out and they don't fit (larger diameter pattern).

e35 or e42 is the offset in mm. This is how far off center the wheel's mounting face is (where it meets the hub). 0 offset means the wheel's mounting surface is dead center. e42 means it's 42mm offset toward the wheel's face. These are both positive offset (left image below), so the knuckle fits inside the wheel. This purpose of this is to alter where the hoop (outer part of the rim) is located when mounted on the vehicle. Low offset pushes the wheel outward and results in a deeper looking dish. High offset pulls the wheel into the wheel well and makes a flatter looking dish.

73 is the hub bore. This is the big hole in the center. You don't NEED hubcentric rings for this car because the wheel will center onto the lugs since they're all conical. But hubcentric rings are typically recommended as they help to initially center the wheel onto the hub flange. Our hub is 56mm I believe, so you'd want hubcentric rings with OD 73mm, and ID 56mm.

for a 17x9 wheel, I THINK 35mm offset will fit and not rub the OEM springs. 42mm may be too much, and the tire might rub the spring.

Do some searches for wheel fitment and you'll get a better idea of what does and doesn't work. Some wheels require coilovers because the shock body and spring is narrower, which allows more clearance for wide wheels/offsets.
Attached Images

wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
NWFRS (06-10-2015)