View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #39
djliquidsteele

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeCal View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what @BEERzed was asking. If anything, I think John was more childish in his responses. However, putting that aside, what did you find wrong with what BEERzed was asking? They're perfectly valid questions.

What if I wasn't 100% satisfied with the ECUTek tune I was given? Let's say I took my car to a tuner shop to have it dyno tuned, to try and get a tad more power squeezed out. This shop uses something other than ECUTek. I decide later that I actually preferred the RaceROM features ECUTek offers, and try to flash back. I already bought the license, I bought the cable, and I bought the generic tune. So, why can't I flash back if I paid for everything?

I tend to agree with BEERzed, that I bought and paid for it...so why can't I experiment with other products and choose what I like the best. We're not stealing anyone's IP. Every tuner shop is going to prefer tuning with software and tools they are most comfortable with. It may not always be ECUTek. So, just because you can't imagine anyone not being happy with ECUTek...that doesn't mean someone else won't.

So, again, I ask you...what was wrong with BEERzed's questions? Where is the animosity you claimed he showed towards JV?

BEERzed said please spare me the sermon. Just seems rude. IDK. Must be me. That being said, If wanted to see if I could get someone to squeeze more out of my car, and wanted to have a person there to do it, I would find a local EcuTek tuner or drive to the nearest one with the best reputation. I have a local EcuTek tuner where I'm at and still went with @Visconti because of his reputation in the tuner world. My local tuner has a great reputation but at the time I went with my tune, the weren't and Ecutek dealer. Tp each their own. I'm happy.
djliquidsteele is offline   Reply With Quote