FX86
Banned

Drives: on the wrongside of the road
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,015 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Looks like you are from OR so I'd say post up on the local PNW subforum and see if any locals are willing to spend an hour or two on the weekend with you to change the oil.

Find a specialty shop that works on mounting/balancing tires in your area. Might cost a little bit more but it might take the edge of your worries.

Now if you are worried about scratches, take your cellphone (that hopefully records in decent quality) and do an entire walk around of the car. Note verbally any pre-existing "defects" such as scratches, chips, dents, etc.

I'm not opposed to the dealership completely since I'll be taking the car in for a fuel gauge issue next week.. and they could possibly taking apart the dash and other parts. But oil change is super simple, and I admit I am extremely lazy.

the tech that replaced my entire dashboard did a pretty good job...but then again he really wanted to order the dashboard..guess he wanted a little project to work on lol and he owns a fr-s too so he can relate and treat my car with care...i'll leech of the dealership while my warranty and 2-year free maintenance is still in effect
FX86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FX86 For This Useful Post:
paiceyfan (08-18-2016)