View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 02:34 AM   #444
tony_r

Drives: '15 STX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by race2win View Post
Before this test I would have absolutely agreed that the Twins were outgunned in DS. After driving Jonathan's car, I'm not so sure. Even though the course was short, put a transitional element less than 100' from the start and add one cone to each slalom...and I guarantee the FRS would be the fastest car in this test.

I now firmly believe that if I had a Twin on the East course I could have gone faster than I did in the Camaro.
Therein lies the problem. You really need to build a specific course for the car to give it a shot. Packwood was a really good example of this, tight offsets to relatively open sweepers, to another transitional section into the finish. Basically any runway-style course, like the current condition of El Toro, is where the Twin will really shine.

Speaking specifically about the East course, it was balanced enough that I don't think the Twin would really have been that much faster. There were 4 sweeper/turn around areas of the course that it got killed by either the Camaro or WRX. The opening slalom and exit of the slalom after the showcase were practically the only places where it clearly had a large advantage.
tony_r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tony_r For This Useful Post:
DaWorstPlaya (10-14-2017), strat61caster (10-15-2017)