Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembo View Post
Looks so good in that blue.

[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45619895/kwv18.jpg[g]

This is 20mm on KWv1 (the stainless steel version of the ST that people here rate) from Germany where the best coilovers come from. That's the maximum height; I can go another 30mm down if I wanted to.

As a bonus I've learned two new german words from the box: Edelstahl (weil Edelstahl nicht rostet), and naturlich Gewindefahrwerke.

Only reason for lowering springs is to save money, whereas coilovers can make the car better. These are quite firm, but far more composed than the standard dampers, which are always going to be compromised running at a lower height. But even if your only concern is looks you can adjust the height with coilovers. I think a lot of people with lowering springs end up disappointed with the amount of low. Factor in that you may be shortening the life of your dampers and may have to buy new ones anyway you may as well buy a decent package from day one. IMO.
Sure, I may shorten the life of my stock dampers, but barely used stock dampers come up in the classifieds very often for next to nothing. Hell, even buying new stock ones will only cost about 500
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote