Old 10-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #13
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Fan View Post
With variable valve timing and direct injection along with reworked internals by Toyota, the engine should be able crank out at least 200 hp. In Japan, the EJ20 DOHC with AVCS was able to push out 190 hp so I can't see why the boxer in the FT can't do the same.
Do you have a link with a dyno/more info for that? I've been trying to gather as much info as possible on what the EJ20 is capable of and what its limits appear to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2fan View Post
That's a good point of comparison but in my opinion its not all about the power/weight ratio. Yea that's good for acceleration, but a better power/weight ratio doesn't necessarily mean better handling or dynamics. A significantly lighter car even with worse power/weight may still handle much better and just feel better to the driver.

Of course I'd love to see a powerful motor in this thing but I wouldn't be disappointed with a great handling car that may not go as fast in the 1/4 mile.
I only mention that because the 370Z seems to be prettly well liked for it's handling, despite being a bit on the heavy side -- all the reviews put the 370 head and shoulders abouve the 350.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote