View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 10:53 PM   #8
Law

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enouf View Post
Thanks @Law for the DIY and write up - looked at doing this before but remembered how I cut my hand on the stupid metal cage when I was adjusting the pedal height and went NUPE!

But thanks to the DIY, I did this today in about an hour. The hardest parts were:
• Figuring out how to undo the two plugs (pinch hard to disengage)
• The push rod clevis pin had a plastic one way toggle on the end that had to be pinched in order for the pin to be pulled out - i just pulled really hard and then pushed them back into shape
• Re-assembling was a pain, the order i did it was securing the clutch pedal with the 12mm bolt and then lining up the push rod clevis with the clutch pedal so i can push the pin through. From then it was just a matter lining everything up and then tightening.

I also reinstalled the spring holder since it seem to make the whole assembly more stable.

Overall impression was fantastic - I can only describe it as being stiffer and more 'bouncy'. I don't think I can feel the friction point any better but there's much less stuttering or hesitating when i shift now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byza View Post
Installed the MTEC spring last weekend. This DIY was excellent. As Enouf said, re-installation can be a pain if you're doing this alone. His point of re-securing the clutch pedal first is the way to go, otherwise it just gets pushed back though the firewall when trying to slide the clutch master cyl assy over the studs.

With two people the whole job could be done in 30 mins.

Can't say that the engagement point has any more feel to me but the pedal does feel firmer but not heavy and I guess more premium.

Agree, that although the feel doesn't increase much. The extra pedal weight does help quite a bit in modulating the clutch now.

Thanks for the comments, hopefully it will help others who attempt this.