Old 08-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #173
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
People gave up reporting crickets. The problem lies in that these reports don't break down the stats by actual problem. We don't know what complaints were for a noise or a blown engine and these things are worlds apart in impact.
They also put every single complaint against "reliability' and things like a clicking rear support may be really annoying but in no way affect the reliability of the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guybo View Post
Actually that site does. Look at the comments.
BINGO! (Didn't notice they were links)

I rest my case!

2013 Engine "reliability issues"
fuel pump replaced 55913 km
Warranty covered - 3rd repair - chirping sound, 2x replaced fuel pump, this time replace all cam gears 20968 km
irregular idle 58652 km
High pressure fuel pump for the direct injection system that is in the engine bay and runs of the camshaft made a high pitch chirping noise at idle when the engine was warm 19342 km
Fuel pump still chirping. New fuel pump ordered in accordance with TSB. Installed later in the month. 35484 km
Car bought back owing to chronic fuel pump chirping. New car does it as well unless use ethanol-free fuel. 15590 km
Chirping sound from engine. Dealer replaced fuel pump at no cost under warranty. The repair did not fix the problem. I'm coming up on the 15,000 mile service soon so when I take it in for that I plan to ask them to look at the chirping sound again. 30000 km
Fuel pump made an abnormal noise. Replaced Under warranty 32258 km
Chirping noise caused by fuel pump. 5000 km
Stupid high pressure fuel pump for fuel injection is chirping like crazy. Widespread on the BRZ and FRS. They need to address this design flaw.