Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
There are plenty of companies who have tried to compete with the Cayman (4C, Audi TT RS, Alpine A110, Supra)

Just because the Supra isn't mid-engine I don't see why you can't compare the two. The supra is going to be a small 2-seater, lightweight, focus on driver engagement, and cost around the same price.
I'm referring to how they achieve their performance, as opposed to their performance being close within different design approaches. I am well aware cars compete with the Cayman, I would argue the Corvette Stingray is superior, but, they do not have the same design, which for some (me), that is an important aspect and would dictate which vehicle I would choose to buy.

Let's reverse a little here. Given the design approaches of many cars, there are cars that definitely compete with the Cayman, but using that so loosely as it seems it may start to become that, a Type R could be considered a competitor to the Cayman, especially considering it's performance/dollar.

So if we are to go off of what I was actually saying, the Corvette and Supra can not be compared to the Cayman, with respects to what I think is comparable; the design is completely different and how these cars achieve performance is also different.

There is no mid engine RWD (RMR) sportscar that competes with the Cayman that you can buy new and at it's price point right now, they simply don't exist.