Old 03-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #46
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Why would any company try to compete with a low volume car? You may have got the point, but your response was seemingly a blanket statement misdirection; Honda could build a car within that $62k CAD price range that would have the potential to be better.

Trick question, none of us peasants know, but if I was to guess, it's not because the Cayman is unbeatable, it's because it would generate next to no profit.
There are plenty of companies who have tried to compete with the Cayman (4C, Audi TT RS, Alpine A110, Supra)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I don't think you can say the Supra competes with the Cayman, different layouts, it only competes with the Corvette, and the same thing for the Corvette competing with the Cayman, despite their similar prices. If price was the only factor sure, but I said same drive train/engine layout.
Just because the Supra isn't mid-engine I don't see why you can't compare the two. The supra is going to be a small 2-seater, lightweight, focus on driver engagement, and cost around the same price.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote