View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #56
Dephective

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boxer engines are no different than inline engines. Oil feeds, ring lands, bearings, etc. are all the same premise. the angle of piston stroke is different but everything else works the same. I hate it when people assume that boxers are inherently different, make a specific sound, or somehow perform differently ( my personal favorite is when people attribute it to more power). The only thing that is *supposed to be different* is the center of gravity, and idle smoothness.

That being said, regardless of who you go with to build your motor, they all have OEM bearings in them. I'd imagine they are aluminum. Anyone know why ACL hasn't come out with any yet?

I'm a member of Tampa 86 and this guy is a member as well. Knew he was getting the block "built" but didn't know by who until he posted on the dyno and I lol'd. His dad is a very successful GT driver, so it amazed me how he didn't do his research on who was going to be touching his car. Or that they didn't have connections to much more reputable shops.

'01 Accord-daily
'93 Rx7-fire breathing track monster 545hp 397tq 2300lb.
'06 Mazdaspeed6 one helluva love-hate relationship
Dephective is offline   Reply With Quote