View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #21
cb7tuner

Drives: 2013 whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charged86 View Post
My pulley is in perfect condition. It has barely brushed my intake pipe. I did feel nervous about that plastic pulley before install because it did wiggle.

I will say this some of these ground down pulleys "cold" be installation error. I still have room to position the pipe higher on the the supplied bracket.
My pulley has not touched anything, i don't even think the pipe could touch the idler pulley if I wanted it to. It's ground down because the belt has jumped from the idler wiggling (because bearings failed) and caused the belt to ride on the lip of the idler. Then causing the idler to act like a saw hacking up the belt and taking chunks of the lip with it. My pulley hasn't touched anything. Oh and mine was in perfect shape a few days ago as well.....then it happened. No way it could be installation error. The pulley is pre installed on the blower assembly (but every bolt was checked to be tight before installation like the instructions say to do so) and nothing was loose when I removed the bad parts. I'm an A&P licensed aircraft mechanic. I'm very methodical in my installations. Like I've already stated, its really not that big a deal to me because it was a cheap easy fix. I just don't like how the situation was treated in my personal case by vortech and I would like to warn others of potential future problems and where to get replacement parts with part #s
cb7tuner is offline   Reply With Quote