View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #12
CounterSpace Garage

Drives: Subaru BRZ / Toyota 86 Experts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercharged680 View Post
Hi guys, new to the forum but not to the tracking/racing world.

So i bought a 2018 BRZ lately and it is bone stock for now other than headers and OFT. Would like to go for some modifications for the very flat and boring tracks we have here in Dubai, "Yas Marina and Autodrome Circuit"

A test that i did with my 991.1 GT3 on Yas Marina last night was test on stiff suspension i did a 2:23 after softening the suspension with press of a button that car had better traction out of the corners and felt more planted, yes it rolled a bit more but it gained much more traction, i managed to do a 2:21! almost 1.5 to 1.7 seconds faster.

Which is why i came to think about what i should do with my BRZ i do not need to go overkill with coilovers , maybe springs and swaybars would be sufficient? I would do some testing and try different things but then the season is about to end in May so i would like to get something running for now atleast..

So far in the plan is brake pads , lines and fluid + FPF1 17x9 wheels , various stiffer bushings "recommendations on brands and parts would be great"

Thanks guys!
We've setup a few cars for QTCC and have some datalogs from those racers including the one who won the QTCC 4 years in a row. Let us know what your actual goal is for driving. Will you be competing?
CounterSpace Garage is offline   Reply With Quote