View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #19
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
@regal: I've driven the innovate more than any other kit on track actually (minus Jackson Racing), but it wasn't available the same day for a real back-to-back comparison.

However, here are my thoughts on the Innovate.

The kit is great for street use, and AutoX use. Power delivery is smooth, but throttle tip-in is really aggressive. For track use, it heat soaks, and heat soaks fast, even with the intercooler. As with ALL of the kits mentioned, when you heat soak, power drops, but the Innovate kit is hit the hardest by heat soak. Why? Because once the Intercooler setup is heat soaked, it does almost nothing, and output is virtually identical to a non-ic setup that is heat soaked. It also has the lowest output when next to the other 5 kits mentioned above.

These heat management issues are not really seen on a dyno, unless the tuning shop does a lot of pulls back to back, hood closed, with an air mover. We've verified our findings via dyno doing exactly that. ALL of the kits we've dynoed (on our dime) heat soak to a good degree. There are no exceptions to this, only a "how badly does it heat soak?" Chances are, for most users, this won't be an issue, but it is for us.

Thanks for the info, yea I said all along I thought the innovate intercooler was a bit silly and takes away the simplicity for little real gain. I have always been attracted to the basic non-intercooled kit for my DD, but I would want a bullet proof tune without the tip-in knock. I hope they keep selling the basic kit when I'm ready.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote