Old 08-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #2468
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs View Post
Well, for me it's most likely an 86. How I'm looking at it is the Subaru price point is giving us a leg up to negotiate. Either match the premium BRZ price, or it's straight over to Subaru. Simple as that. I'm thinking only people who will get an 86 at full asking MSRP are people who are pretty clueless...and have first names Joe or Jill.

This^^^ As hated as the Scion no haggle policy was it did mean the listed MSRP was what they actually wanted for the car. The North American manufacturers (looking at you Ford) have used artificially high MRSPs for decades. Makes people feel they succeeded in bargaining if you start out way higher then you actually want and then come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport-Tech View Post
Somehow I don't think Subaru is going to leave money on the table - if they see a significant rise in BRZ demand, they'll find some way of meeting it.

It will be interesting to see how the new GT86 front fascia impacts sales numbers internationally, it's possible that in non-Western markets the new look will be more warmly welcomed.

In Canada, Subaru's elected to stay with a HU that has nav - not sure if it's otherwise any better or worse than the new US HU (other than being a tiny bit smaller, at 6.1 rather than 6.2 inches) or the GT86 unit.

It generally takes a minimum of two production years to adjust manufacturing to demand so if they sell out in the first month after the BRZ is available there will still not likely be any available increase until 2018. Unless of course they have already planned for an increase in which case they should not run out.

Will be almost impossible to determine how much affect the fascia alone has on sales. To many other changes to say that just that one thing caused an increase or decrease in sales.

Somewhere in Subaru Purchasing

"Wow these nav HUs did not sell well. We have a shitload left"
"Meh, just give them to Canada since they won't complain if they are junk"
chaoskaze (08-24-2016), Dadhawk (08-24-2016)