Old 09-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #1504
Simpleviet
Right Foot Flat

Drives: Asphalt Lucille
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiisupra View Post
If the drive isn't too much, come along with this! I will join my Datsun Roadster group this Saturday for their post-Labor Day run to Minden, NV. I will bring my FR-S this year and only go as far as the point when we stop for lunch, then I will head back to the CV. We meet at the Chevron in Oakdale (along Yosemite Ave, south of the 108/120 intersection.) Plans are to head up to Murphy's along HWY 4, up to Alpine lake and then over to Minden, NV. I will hang along with them up until lunch time. If you'd like, the group (consists mainly of older enthusiasts with classic Datsuns, but other cars have attended in the past) have a pot-luck style lunch; bring a dish, your own plates/drinks/utensils, and have at the feast. Or, we can just turn around and head back to the Valley, usually taking a different route, if possible. Lunch in Murphy's or Arnold (great brew pub/pizza joint there)

Just wanted to put this out there. Meet up at the Oakdale Chevron between 8:30/leave promptly at 9:00, this Saturday Sept 14.

There is some talk about going up 120 to Yosemite (IIRC, the road is open again) through Yosemite over Tioga pass and lunch in Lee Vining. I would prefer HWY 4, but I am flexible. Yosemite requires $20 entrance free.

Way laid back group, good times.

Eric G
hmmm......it's a maybe. If I'm getting it correctly the chevon I'm looking at is 1hr and 30 minutes away from my place and what's the half way point of lunch? 3hrs to get to Yosemite wooo.