Old 01-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #10
M0nk3y

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS / Chevy Colorado
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
SCC is markedly cheaper due to the restrictions on what you can run

In STX i had well over 9 grand in components to stay competitive.

Titanium exhaust, custom tune on 91, over 3 grand in suspension components, another 2k for tires and wheels, brakes depending on if you have brembos or upgrade to something with a bigger pad ( though id swear up and down the stock non brembos are enough "pad" for autox) and you know the usual sorts of harness bar, harness, various bushings, braces, the karcepts bar.....

there's alot of juice to be drank if you want good stuff...

Im not running in CS and having more fun than i ever had because im still within the times i was running in STX and its costing me like 1/8th of the total.

and i get my butt waxed by Miata's
The term "to stay competitive" is a wonky term. You're relating spending money to going quicker. It's a slippery slope when you get to that point as you can get lost in the noise of "I need to spend this $$$$ to go faster" whereas really it's just perhaps looking at your driving style and seeing what you can do different.

Just IMO /shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by conehead View Post
The SSC kit with new tires and wheels is right at $3g.

The tires are $200 a set less than re71r and last longer.

The time, money, and frustration I don't spend trying to keep up with the latest parts and setup adjustments is priceless.
I'd argue that trying to work around a compromised setup with inherit rear bar bind on tires that don't like multi-tasking is more frustrating.

Controversial opinion. There have been a number of top drivers within this sport that have jumped into an SSC car and struggled hard at finding speed. SSC requires a specific driving style that does not translate to any other class.
Kyle H. - #89 STX
M0nk3y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M0nk3y For This Useful Post:
justint5387 (01-28-2020), snoxracer183 (01-28-2020), steverife (01-27-2020), strat61caster (01-27-2020)