Old 10-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #9541
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
21v-22v on load is completely normal and will happen every time you engage full boost. This is nothing to worry about at all. The batteries cannot hold 24-27v with the amount we are drawing from them.

When it is winter here where i am i can even see 19 to 20v, the cold makes the v drop faster.

If you ever see 16 to 17 that usually means something is not connected correctly.

There is actually no maintenance required, the turbine has such a low RPM(relative to a traditional turbo) that we will never have to service it. Rob has been runing the same controller in his truck for over three years, it is filthy dirty and still works like a charm.

Depending on your location your battery posts could get corroded, cleaning them once a year could be a good idea. If you have a early gen kit it will be important to make sure that the battery posts remain tightened down good. Checking these every couple months is more than enough.
Perfect! Good to know - the 21/22 V was usually when I was flooring it in order to make up for being in a higher gear and having to stop suddenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
@LucidMomentum, the charger recommended by Rob is also a battery conditioner. I would recommend getting one just for conditioning and keeping your batteries in good shape. It automatically shuts off when the charging battery gets below 13 volts, so it won't drain your starting battery. If you don't already have an OBD2 extension cable with power switch, get one, so you can turn off the OFT and prevent draining your battery.
I daily drive it so the batteries get a lot of charge. But I may get one for when I have work trips out of state and can't take my personal vehicle.

Yeah I plan to get one of those, but for now I just don't leave my OFT plugged in except for testing.