View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #703
Do Boy
Turbo FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Do Boy Send a message via AIM to Do Boy Send a message via MSN to Do Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Do Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
But that pairing gives even pulse widths. If 1 and 3 were paired the collector would see pulse, pulse, blank, blank. This way it's pulse, blank, pulse, blank, which gives even opportunity for scavenging. Doesn't it?
No. The way my header is paired is how it's going to scavenge. If the header was off I would take a video and show you how mine worked and how we test it. But it can't scavenge number 3 if it's not connected to number 3 at all. When 1 fires it should already be scavenging it from the next cylinder about to fire.can't do that if the stock header is a tri y and paired to the wrong cylinder. The way this 4:1 collector is paired is better than the factory with the firing order. By the look of this collector when 1 fires it will scavenge air from 3. and then 2 from 4. The shop that made my header went with a 360 4:1. Where 1 will scavenge from 3 then 3 from 2 then 2 from 4 then 4 from 1. Either way both desgines will be better than factory.The only reason I could see Toyota/Subaru making the header the way it is, is because of sound. They way it's paired definitely won't have that subie rumble.

Update:
I had the morning off today so I went into the shop where my stock header is and did a little scavenge test. Looks like I was right stock header is garbage. Doesn't scavenge from any cylinder. I'll take my header off sometime this week and do the same test. But for now I used a full race divided housing to compare.
[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-2IHf9Eo1Q"]Stock FR-S BRZ and GT86 header. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Do Boy; 11-19-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: update
Do Boy is offline   Reply With Quote