View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 07:22 PM   #16
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
How many miles on your cars? OEM front control arm bushings?

- Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristor View Post
I'm running -3.2F/-2.2R with 0 toe in the front, and just a bit in in the rear, and a lot of caster (8 degrees). I have very even tire wear on the street just rotating my tires normally at each oil change. My alignment isn't really intended for street use, but my car has lately gotten a lot of street miles without any issues.

I am wondering if your bushings are tired and it is causing a shift in your alignment under load? You've got more than double the miles on your car that I do and I had already replaced my bushings once (mostly for performance, but also because some were already starting to wear due to hard driving). Should definitely check them.
I have 82K miles.. Never occurred to me to check the bushings. Visual inspection it looks okay.

How did you manage 8* of caster? caster adjustment on the top and offset LCA bushings combined?
I'm sure the caster helps a ton in that department.

I did look into adding caster after the recent tire change. (What a waste of a pair of good tires... ) I was going to flip the my adjustable tops to maximize the caster (slots pointing inward and backwards) and get the rest of my camber from camber bolts instead of the top hats. That's only if I mount my coilovers.

What is the least firm aftermarket bushings available right now? Offset?

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.

Last edited by solidONE; 02-20-2020 at 07:52 PM.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote