View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 02:02 AM   #199
ILLSMOQ

Drives: 2017 WR BLUE BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
I wasn't 100% sure I spelled your name right so I didn't @ you. I figured you'd be subbed and find it though.

Key in, turn it, fuel pump primes, gas pedal down 5-10%, turn key to crank, starter engages, motor spins. Then one of four things happens: 1- engine spins with no other reaction. 2- engine spins and starter kicks back. 3- engine starts and runs on fewer than 8 cylinders, idles low, won't stay running without accelerator input, runs rich. 4- engine runs great.

No indication what is going to do until you turn the key. Sometimes it starts perfect after cranking for 2 seconds. Sometimes it takes 15 tries to get it to start and run well. Engine temp seems to have no effect.

My tables have been all over the place trying to find something that works better than others. Nothing seems to make a significant difference.

It occurred to me that it's possible for vapor or an air bubble to block fuel getting to the injectors, which a return system would fix. I don't know what else to try
If fuel pressure is right I don’t think you would have an air bubble blocking fuel from an injector. It would just push the air out. If you’re not sure that you’re getting fuel you could try spraying starter fluid into the intake to see if it starts then.

When “1” occurs can you verify that you’re getting spark?

When “2” occurs does the engine seem like it was just about to start?

It’s tough to diagnose without being there to experience it. With these four different things happening and one of them being #4 that the engine runs great sometimes, I’d suspect a power supply or ground problem, bad connection somewhere or possibly a faulty sensor or ecu.
ILLSMOQ is offline   Reply With Quote