View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #14
wrxneffect

Drives: 13 BRZ Ltd 6MT(sold), 03 WRX (RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
Had my car stolen out of our private (not gated) apt complex parking lot back in college in Mission Valley. A nice area as well, and the car was under an overhang that had lights and was in the middle of the complex.

If someone wants to take your car they will, they could steal it in broad day light and the worst thing is that most pedestrians would do nothing. They just think someone else will call the cops.

When talking with the police they told me that the most common thefts are actually of the most common cars such as civics as there is a huge market for any parts. Civics and mini vans as being close to the boarder those are great drug/people runner cars. They also blend in completely with everyone else on the road and are harder to spot when driving to the chop shop.
+1

Someone tried to steal my beater 1998 accord LX last year. The car looks horrible with peeling paint and mismatched body paint. I had it parked between a 535i and a g37 yet they still tried to get my car. Most likely because they wanted the parts since there is a huge market for them.
Either the thieves were put off by the manual or they finally noticed that the gas was on empty.

I'd be more concerned with vandalism, but that's what insurance is for.