View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #34
infanterene

Drives: White BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyong View Post
996 aesthetically in my eyes isn't very pleasing to look at. I cannot stand the headlights. My soon to be brother-in-law sold his immaculate 996 Turbo this month. The Turbo doesn't look quite as bad due to the wide body and unique rear. Before ordering my 991S, I played with the idea of maybe getting a lightly used 997S(or Turbo) but it never occurred to me to look at the older 996. They're just ugly in my opinion.

If you really can't budget to have two cars I'd go with the new FR-S/BRZ. If one has to consciously think about what maintenance costs would be on a 911 and hesitancy comes up regarding if you can afford it or not, you really shouldn't get.
You would be surprised how similar the 996 and 997 drive. Ive had a 2003? C4S, a 2005 Turbo S and a 2010 997TT. I had 2 air cooled before that.

I took my C4S to lots of track days with ZERO mods, stock brakes stock everything and had ZERO problems. The Turbo S was tuned and had some upgrades- It was sport bike fast. The 997TT was was a great car, better interior/exterior etc but lost my interest quickly(not sure why).
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote