cmarks20

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Raven)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krikke View Post
Hello Guys!

I registered to this forum for this particular thread so I hope you don't mind that I am not an ft86 or brz owner...

I live in Belgium (very little country in EU) and drive an X gsr.

As you may know know the gsr is equipped with a simple radio/cd unit so I am looking to replace it with an aftermarket model that also offers gps and if possible runs Torque.

I myself have been interested in the Ca-Fi 621000 unit but I find it very pricy compared to other units. Also the lack of support on the actual Ca-Fi forum itself makes me walk away from this brand.

I don't know if it's been shared already but I believe I have found a similar unit to the unit bespoken in this thread. Also the supplier gives me a bit more confidence as they actually have a bit more of a professional 'look' and mostly because they reply and help people on their forum.

They also have a nice overview of accessories and apparently they have some kind of reseller/dealer network so that might come in handy too...

Here is the link: http://www.xtrons.com/GPS-car-dvd.Html

Model TD610A

I have serious interest in this unit but unfortunately the leds are colored blue and the X's interior is completely orange/red...

Also the listed win ce systems on the website look nice, but I don't think these will support Torque?
Yea, that's definately WAY more professional looking! It looks like the unit @2forme is using. I'll definately have to check it out.

Torque only works on Android (as far as I know). As for the LEDs, learning to be handle with a soldering iron pays off. Replacing the LEDs in a head unit shouldn't be much different than a guage cluster - though it's a PITA.

On a side note, after looking through some initial documentation, I'm starting to wonder if it's worth-while to just build one myself. There are a couple companies that sell various hardware pretty cheap.
cmarks20 is offline   Reply With Quote