Old 02-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #44
Beyer Subaru

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
I think I gotta have this:

@Beyer Subaru, I was never familiar with how the US antenna base/pedestal compares to JDM. I guess you've been able to see that the US base is larger? I'm also curious to see if that OEM sharkfin will be a direct fit for us. Was there an ETA for its release?

Also, got any idea if these are a direct plugin for USDM models?
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchlanez View Post
Those look like the wheels from the XT Line Concept.
Yep, I like the BRZ door decal alot. I think it would really pop on your car. I feel as though I've seen the decals in other world markets as well but I can't remember where.

Yep, I dismantled the OEM BRZ antenna to see what all was goin on inside. It's a pretty big circuit board and associated electrics vs the very simple Legacy antenna. This is because the Legacy uses an antenna wire in the rear windshield and throughout the actual body of the car.

The JDM BRZ antenna is the same size as the USDM FR-S antenna. I seriously doubt that the JDM BRZ fin will be plug-n-play. But it is being offered for most of the new models, so it is a possibility?

I was unable to find any form of release date. We will need Yuki or one of our JDM contacts to investigate to see when it will be released. I would assume it will be available in the second quarter of 2013CY.

I don't know of any USDM, JDM or other antenna that will be plug and play with our ginormous antenna. I think that a Mfr would need to make a antenna base to fit all of the OEM guts into, to get it p-n-p.

The subs should be plug-n-play. Should be. But I can't say for sure. Even if they aren't it shouldn't be to hard to get the right harness swapped onto it. It would be very different (easier) than an antenna.

Yep, they look to be the same Speedline Corse wheels as the Xt Concept. Speedline wheels have been associated with Subaru for a long time in Europe. Some of the old Prodrive branded wheels were rebadged Speedlines.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beyer Subaru For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (02-26-2013), switchlanez (02-26-2013)