View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #27
mezdup

Drives: 2014 Ice Silver WRX
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
35W 5000k DDMTuning HIDs (2/24/13):

finally got around to installing these. did the mudguards today as well, but it was pretty late and it's too dark to take pics. the first 3 are unmodified pics i took of the HIDs. the 4th one is what the 3rd one looks like in real life. i dunno where the camera found that blue tint.

install was relatively simple until i had to turn the bulb in the housing to lock it in. such a pain in the ass, it wouldn't click in. i got it eventually, but it was pretty rough lol. bulbs do look great. my main concern was having to bend the squirrel finders because i thought it was irreversible, but honestly they bend so easily that i think i could probably bend them back up if i ever needed to. the cutoff of the light seems to be fine based on my drive (it should be the same as stock height i'd imagine), but i intend to try to do what it says in this post: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...91&postcount=2 tomorrow night and adjust them if necessary. having never had HIDs before, i think that they look incredible.

Edit: forgot to mention my other concern with HIDs, the buzzing sound they make. I noticed the buzz initially when I installed the lights, but not much since. So I was happy to find that it's not that loud at all.

Edit2: another pic after final adjustments:

Last edited by mezdup; 03-03-2013 at 03:00 PM.
mezdup is offline   Reply With Quote