View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #89
SpaceCadet

Drives: Raven FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
To me, this no haggle nonsense is huge slap in face to the customer that has any car buying experience. I imagine the usual Scion buyer before the FRS came out was not exactly a seasoned car shopper. They say this pure price thing is to help the customer with the headaches of car shopping, but for me it created way more problems than it solved. If I was a 19 year old kid looking to buy a base tC or whatever and I'm under the impression that I got a good deal because the dealer makes it seem like that's what everyone else is paying, then I leave happy and look back on a good buying experience. But I'm not stupid. Saturn used to pull this same crap. The manufacturer isn't going to set their no haggle, bottom line price at the lowest the dealer can afford. It is not uncommon for a customer to achieve that absolute bottom number if everything falls into place with other car brands. Walking into a Scion dealer, I know there is no way to achieve that number without playing with other things like trade in or whatever. I hated dealing with the manager and his excuse of "I can't do anything because of the pure price policy." Maybe if Scion wants to come off as a hip exclusive brand like a small restaurant in a big city that only takes cash and doesn't do custom orders, then fine. But don't make it seem like this pure price ridiculousness is for the buyer's benefit because it most certainly is not.

And to all those here who work at dealerships, no disrespect intended. We are all trying to maximize our take home amounts. But just like you are allowed to attempt to increase the margins between income and expense, so am I, which is why I try to make sure the dealer gets as little of my money as possible. It has nothing to do with trying to prevent you guys from making a profit but making sure I go home with everything I can.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpaceCadet For This Useful Post:
fistpoint (02-21-2013), Porsche (02-21-2013)