View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 11:11 PM   #38
AE86XGC8

Drives: Forester
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVI View Post
I'm a noob in photography but I want to start trying as a hobby. I kinda need 2 buy a top of the line point and shoot camera that is really up there. Anybody have suggestions?
IMHO, a better camera doesn't make you a better photographer, just saying that you don't need to spend all your money oh the newest and the greatest. If you don't need a compact camera, I suggest a second hand Nikon D90 (they are around $500 body only) and a 50mm f1.8 is a great lens to start with I think.

if you want a more compact camera, I saw the Sony NEX5 on sale not too long ago for $350 (not sure how much they're right now), with the right adapter, it can use a lot of lens and not just sonys'.

oh and if you just want a point and shoot, the Canon S100 just came out, so you can look out for some
deals, one of the best compact out there,great details, great colour, great low light performance.

if you really want something top of the line, and don't mind spending, take a look at the
. it's $600, you can get a mirrorless with a bigger sensor for just a bit more money, nevertheless I think it's still a really good compact.

review:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...ressions.shtml