2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaChas345 View Post
Honestly who cares man. Your making a big deal out of a closed and open hood dyno and as you can see he dyno'd it with the hood closed and their was a minimal difference with it closed. You make it seem as if it wouldnt produce any similar results which it did. You have posted in multiple threads saying how bad the Injen is and how different it would be if they did the Dyno closed. I dont know what you have against Injen but like I said someone already did the dyno and their is a minimal difference between the two open or closed.

Their probably was a small problem with his dyno but either way his results open and closed were basically the same minus 1-2 whp. Which isnt a big deal. You post as if it you do it with the hood closed it wouldnt see any gains at all. Get over it bro. He gave us a dyno for the Injen intake and proved your wrong. The results in the end show that it is a minimal difference. The torque is a little off but whats important is that it doesnt really fucking matter hood open or closed.

Now the AFR is a different story but the point is that it has been shown that it doesnt really make that big of a difference open or closed. I personally wouldnt get any of the intakes on the market besides a true CAI like Perrins or FA20 clubs. If I did go with the Injen I would only get it if I got it tuned for but might as well just get Perrins CAI they plan to release that requires a tune. In the end if you get an intake for power your just doing it wrong. Very few intakes produce anything better than a drop in for the brz/86 but people like the sound/throttle response which is a reason why people get an intake.
There are a lot more people who actually believe the 13 hp claims than people who know better and question it. I dunno, I guess it's the engineer in me. His dyno didn't prove anything other than there was something wrong with his stock setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Everyone who wants to get their money's worth... so yes, a LOT of people care
Amen. I don't get it. I try to help people by doing all these tests, and they get all pissy. Seriously, if you're aggravated at my attempts to get the right information out and available with CREDIBLE sources, then buy whatever the hell you want. You want to spend 300$ for a short ram intake with questionable AFR, go ahead! No need to be a keyboard warrior unless you're going to actually contribute something to the argument.

I mean, hell, I don't even have an intake on my car anymore (because it doesn't fit ). I'm going to be putting my AFE up for sale soon.

Last edited by 2forme; 02-15-2013 at 06:57 AM.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (02-15-2013)