Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
@sierra my buddy, this one's for you again

See the Perrin Overpipe fitted on an Nix's Autralian BRZ

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=186
Thanks Sportsguy.

I'm working my way through all the posts on that car, there's some lovely stuff on it.

The overpipe and downpipe are still sitting on the floor. I really don't know what to do. If I fit them as they are it will be louder and I don't want that.
If I fit the helmholtz resonator it should make it quieter in the car which would be a good result but although it's only $65 extra fitted to the downpipe it's $178 for the kit sent here. Then I have to get it fitted, 1.25" hole cut and welded back up, in the right position which will be different to the one piece position with the cat further forward.
I'll add up the projected cost of the overpipe/downpipe with resonator fitted to the car.
So far $700 + $178 + fitting which could easily be $300 at $110 an hour is nearly $1,200
For the record the FA20club overpipe is not built to the same standard as Nameless products. The flange faces in particular were badly finished and quite convex. I've filed them to an acceptable contact area but worry about alignment.
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sierra For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (02-02-2013)