View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #20
random0

Drives: '13 FR-S, MT Asphalt
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My first choice was Ultramarine, because I wanted my Celica in that color.
My second choice was Whiteout, because my Celica ended up being that color and I was already missing her.
Asphalt was my third choice, because it's not quite black and it's subtle enough to not be stand-out-flashy, but enough to be eye catching and invite second looks.

My dealer was getting nothing but Firestorms and Argentos for a while, but they let me peek at the incoming shipment lists to see the specs on the two 'black' ones that were incoming. Guy almost freaked out when I told him he'd ordered dark grey ones instead of the Ravens he should have ordered, but I told him I'd drop by to see them when they came in. I'd seen Ultramarines and Whiteouts in person already but not Asphalt, and I was ready to be disappointed and continue waiting.

When I stopped by a week later they'd just finished dressing the second one for the showroom. The first one was going to be their AT test driver but someone'd bought it earlier that day. They pulled her out front for me to see before slotting her into the showroom.

Fifteen minutes later I was signing papers while they scrambled to dress a new showroom car.

To really appreciate Asphalt, you really have to see the color in person. Walk around her from a few paces back and see how the light catches her, how she shows you a new face from every angle. Get up close and see how the metallic flake sparkles just under the surface. It's kind of a neutral color - it picks up a shade of whatever ambient light is around but at the same time subtly enhances the body lines because you can really see where the different shades of light show up on her curves.

I still think Ultramarine is an absolutely beautiful color and Whiteout gives that super clean look, but I was caught off guard at Asphalt's appeal and I don't regret it at all.
random0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to random0 For This Useful Post:
jlu (02-04-2013)