View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:38 AM   #13
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Shadow View Post
Like many people here, I have zero interst in ANY front-wheel-drive car. I've owned two FWD cars in the past and I don't want to strike out by buying a 3rd! lol

BTW, I'm shocked that such a high percentag of 1-series drivers don't know that their cars are RWD. That says a lot about the people who are buying those cars. I thought a much higher percentage would have been enthusiasts.
I hear you, but I actually adore my Hyundai Accent. It is a way better car than it has any right to be. That said, I'd go nuts if it were my only car.

And my first reaction to the news about 1-series owners was the same as yours - both surprise and dismay - but come to think of it, there are plenty of 3-series owners out there who are the same way, and for them, the 1-series is just a way to save some money, and maybe to get something novel i.e. a new model that wasn't there before. For that matter, there are plenty of 911 owners who buy the cars purely because they have the means, and I'd bet that a good many of them are oblivious to the significance of a rear-engine car.

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote