Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #219
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2224 View Post
killer build thread mate! love every bit of it. Any thoughts on going for a wide body kit such as the GReddy (TRA Kyoto) Rocket Bunny one??
No plans, im staying stock body for now. For some reason i really dont like the rocket bunny kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_assassin View Post
Damn dude. I haven't looked at your build in a few months. Kick ass work man. What setting did you land on for your V3's? I'm gonna get new wheels and raise mine back up a bit but so far I have been running their "basic" setting and it seems ok but I'm on the fence if it needs more stiffness on compression.
I left the Bump on 3 in all corners, i cant remember what i adjusted the rebound at since i dont have my car in my hands right now but i went softer up front and almost full hard on the rear, its worked out pretty good. I think the KW's come valved and with the right spring rate for a bumpy track like Harris Hill Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoFA20 View Post
you didnt do the 1000 mile brake in?
Nope, 500 miles and i changed the oil. It came out pretty dirty i think there is a picture on one of the pages. Then i tracked it and changed the oil again and the oil was much better. No problems what so ever, 3600k miles of hard driving and its pulling great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbrz View Post
Does the engine not need to be kept under 4k until 1k miles?
Supposed but i honestly think it does not make a difference. My car is gonna be used mostly at the track so we will see how it holds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsu350 View Post
I hate to make this amazing thread into a thread about break-in ...

but how can people can that breaking happened at the factory when oil analysis shows CRAZY wear in the first oil change, along with a lot of silicone from the sealant that magically disappears during the second oil change ...