View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #41
82mm 4g63
4G63 & Rotary

Drives: 92TalonAWD, 93RX7, 11F150EcoBoost
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 82mm 4g63
The only beef I have with that Bullet SC you linked is "OEM high quality Installation with virtually silent Supercharger operation." Where's the fun in that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Art View Post
Yeah, I looked at that earlier, though that particular engine had to make some pitiful power to begin with to only get up to 160hp supercharged.

That being said, I feel like I'm one of the relatively few people here planning on a Rotrex build for mine. I was thinking of the C30-94 with a front mount intercooler. Though, I was curious, that kit you linked had a water based intercooler with a front mounted radiator. Do those work better than the standard Air-to-Air intercoolers that you generally find on turbo cars?
Water to Air IC's are superior for race cars, not for daily drivers. Water to air coolers are more efficient so they can be smaller. You can drop ice in the reservoir to radically reduce charge air temps on the track. And you can mount them almost anywhere without worrying about them getting maximum airflow.

However, in a daily driver they can get overwhelmed and heat soaked causing them to be extremely inefficient in long duration trips. That combined with all the added accessories and parts that can fail, I would never go with a water to air intercooler unless it was exclusively a track car. Air to air can handle the job just fine.
82mm 4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote