Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
Hippophobia

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposed View Post
Nothing for power. It prevents blowby, or oil from entering in through the throttle body and intake manifold, and eventually from coating the tops of the pistons.
This.

Quote:
Where the hell are the lower 3 tubes going to? I have a 2 hose air/oil separator, but can't find where the other should go to.
Ganked these photos from the GroupBuy Thread
One goes below the D4-S Squid cap. (intake manifold)

The furthest left one is the stock tube just pulled off the intake manifold and plugged into that port on the catch can.

The two on the right, top one mounts to the actual intake port and bottom one mounts to the connector under the AC Compressor.

For that last one I didn't have air tools or torque wrench and didn't want to remove the compressor without putting it back on correctly. So... I went and bought a pair of 11 inch bent tip needle nose pliers.

Between a super cramped hand and some determination I managed to wiggle the hose and clamp on. That one, I also re-used the OEM spring clip, which was hard because it's almost the same size fully compressed as the Crawford tubing over the port. But again, lack of proper tools makes for ingenuity and would have just used the screw clamps if I had a longer screwdriver.

All in all. NOT too hard to install. Just bring the right tools and/or your patience. Also, don't forget the clamps on the hoses before you put the hoses on.
Hippophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hippophobia For This Useful Post:
markmatley (10-09-2012)