View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
icemang17

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledeadpool View Post
Yeah love the post, Trying to get the money to go to Thunderhill. But since it seems like the brakes are such a weak point, i'm think about waiting till after i change those to go to a track event.

Along with brake pads and fluid, would stainless steel brake lines be something just to do since i'll be changing the fluid.

I'm not very automotive knowledgeable and i'll do a search later but is the stock brake fluid not good and what should be put in if replaced.
While I did experience siginificant brake fade it was NOT from boiling fluid...trust me I KNOW what that feels like....

It was classic pad fade.....pedal is still firm and high, you just gotta PUSH much harder to make it work & even then it sucks....slow down for a couple laps & its back to normal

I'd buy new pads.....any Hawk should work & fresh fluid (say ATE super blue or gold) isn't a bad idea.........don't get the stainless lines either....save the $$$ for another trackday....

Even then......if you are new to the track and have ZERO on track experience.....just come out and drive....generally speaking for your first several trackdays you aren't really pushing the car that hard....it takes a bit of experience to get your confidence up where you are pushing the car hard....
icemang17 is offline   Reply With Quote