Old 08-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #32
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
According to my estimated numbers I will be between 180 (lowest hp gains) to 192 (highest hp) whp in my car with full exhaust, tune, pulley, intake and a tune. who knows if the pulley does anything really but I would still fall within those numbers. I am excited to find a dyno somewhere and figure it all out.

Problem is, if my exhaust makes the 11 whp max, the intake makes its 7 whp max and the tune makes the 14 whp max (all dyno shown maxes on the same make of dyno) it does not mean all 3 combined will net me 32 whp - so I will have to do all the work and find out!! I guess this is a thread I could come back to and post my results once everything is ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
Seems like some tuners are able to flirt with the 180-190whp mark with just a full cat-less exhaust and minor intake mods, no tuning. I'm willing to bet that 200whp can be achieved with a full exhaust with hi-flow cats, full intake and ECU tune. Getting to 240-260whp would be a bit of a challenge, no doubt. I'm sure 10-15hp can be had from cams, and more peak power from raising the rev limiter as the engine seems to want to keep making power up top. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and I think it will be interesting to see what develops in the coming months! Maybe if 240whp can be had N/A on pump gas or with water/meth injection, it might be enough to keep me away from supercharging!