View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 10:18 PM   #4430
cmiovino

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP, 2004 WRX
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
Definitely thinking this is either a ride height + corner balance issue...let's chat tomorrow. Do you have a picture of how your rear LCAs are set?

- Andrew
You're very much onto something. I measured the droop travel at exactly 1" on either side, so I'm pretty sure this is the issue getting on power.

I ended up going ahead and lowering the car 5/8", which got both both sides in spec with the 5-6" measured from the spring perch to LCA bolt in the instructions. The passenger side is right at 5" and drivers at 6" - so there's still that variance. The variance is down to 1" difference from the 1.5" it was before.

I remeasured droop travel at 2" now... which is a big improvement for just 5/8" of lowering. I'll have to double check this as that doesn't fully make sense to me. Should be a 1:1 change I would think.

The ride height before was... high. To get it in my garage. Exhaust was scraping. Not the best measurement, but it was 26" from the floor to the fender to give a ballpark. Probably right at stock height, which was probably out of the coilover's range of travel... mainly not allowing the inside to droop enough.

I can get LCA pictures and any measurements tomorrow.

Before adjustments: